- This event has passed.
“Understanding Autism” Panel Discussion
July 1, 2021 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
What exactly is autism and why is ASD on the rise? Where can I find help? What happens at school? Family Initiative hosts an expert panel to tackle these and other important questions related to autism, family, and the community. Discussion centers around an investigative special section published by Florida Weekly in partnership with ABC7 to be released June 30th.
Florida Weekly’s Eric Radatz moderates a panel that includes:
- National autism expert Dr. Michael Morrier of the Emory University Autism Center
- Board-Certified Behavior Analyst Anjali Van Drie, Vice President and Co-founder of Family Initiative
- Autism advocate and parent Kyle Cohen
- Autism advocate Sean Sullivan
- Contributors to Florida Weekly special section, Betty Wells and Mary Wosniak
This is free and open to the public, but registration is requested. The event is being held at The Collaboratory in downtown Fort Myers.